Wednesday, December 10, 2008

F CNN

I have been steaming all day since watching The Situation Room on CNN with Wolf Blitzer as the host. He completely pissed me off. I'm getting so sick of these piece of crap jerkoffs performing their sensationalist reporting to secure ratings. Blitzer has been walking a very fine line for a while. But today, he stepped over that line in his reporting. Please, read this one post, if you read any of them.

The main story that you heard all day long on the news was about Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. He is being charged with several infractions - one of them: trying to sell a seat into the Senate. What pissed me off was that during the reporting of this story, Wolf Blitzer, along with many other reporters sensationalized the story by reporting this story somewhat like this:

"...a scandal today in which Rod Blagojevich was trying to sell President-Elect Barack Obama's Senate seat".

Blagojevich had a short list of candidates that he thought he could sell the seat to. One of these was Jesse Jackson Jr.. And while the investigator specifically said that this investigation does NOT include Obama or Jackson Jr., Blizter had the following video clips:

Each time they referred to the Senate seat, it was said with Obama's name included in some way, as if he were somehow involved. And what really pissed me off about The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer was when he had a video clip on one of his massive screens behind him. The caption under the video said "Corruption Case"...and of course the video was NOT of Blagojevich. It was a video of Barack Obama. The video clip that he had on his show with Jesse Jackson Jr. had a caption under it which read: Senator Seat Scandal.

Blitzer could have spent time on his show reporting this news correctly. He could have been saying that Obama and Jackson weren't being investigated - that in fact, the investigator specifically said that these two were NOT under investigation. Instead, Blitzer tried to tie them to Blagojevich as much as he could. He could have also talked about the other things that Blagojevich was under suspicion to have done. But here's what he talked about instead: Blagojevich's and his wife's use of profanity!

Seriously, I would have prefered to have heard about the shakedown of...wow, I don't even remember what the charge was...because Blitzer, Rick Sanchez and others talked about Blagojevich and his wife swearing instead!

When I was in college, I used to say that the "f-word" should be spelled with a PH and end in a Q. You know, Quack, Quick...they both have a "ck" sound. So, in complying with the Terms of Use of Blogger.com, and still expressing myself: Rick Sanchez, Wolf Blitzer: GO PHUQ YOURSELVES!

You make me sick. Seriously. I was literally feeling sick to my stomach while you reported this story all day long because of your phuqing bullchit. You can suck my @ss. You call into question the integrity of these two men while at the same time compromising your own.

And while you could be providing more information on the story, you instead spend time reporting on the "cursing" of Blagojevich's wife. How she's a "Foul-Mouthed First Lady", her cursing, swearing and blah blah blah. Oh, what was that about the actual story? I'm sorry, I didn't hear it because you two (along with others) were too busy talking about the swearing.

I sure hope you weren't too offended by all that _foul_ language. Now, just run on back to Mayberry and snuggle up with Aunt Bea.. prudes...I actually had a different P-word there to begin with.

That's all I'm writing for now. I just can't even deal with this. Honestly, I'm so pissed off with my options for news outlets. I get CNN or nothing. I really want to be able to hear what's going on in the world...but I can't stand all this god damned sensationalism by the news anchors.

No comments: